Parallel Sysplex - Fundamentals 2.5
This course begins by describing how the Parallel Sysplex evolved and why it is integral component of today's enterprise IT environment. Its key features are discussed in terms of the benefits it provides to the organization - system availability, data integrity, workload and data sharing, and automated recovery to name a few. A break-down of the major Parallel Sysplex components is then presented, describing their importance and how they can be configured.
Any personnel wishing to become familiar with Parallel Sysplex hardware and software concepts and requirements.
A good understanding of mainframe operational concepts, or successful completion of Interskill's z/OS - Concepts and Components course.
- After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the Benefits Derived from Implementing a Sysplex
- Explain how Sysplex Technology has Evolved
- Describe the Features of a Parallel Sysplex
- Identify the Major Components of a Parallel Sysplex Configuration
- Describe how each Parallel Sysplex Component is Used
Introduction to the Parallel Sysplex
Driving Forces Behind Sysplex Creation
Data Sharing in a Parallel Sysplex
Parallel Processing Capabilities
Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex
Interacting with the Parallel Sysplex
Parallel Sysplex Features
Sysplex Failure Management
Single System Image
Parallel Sysplex Components and Configuration
Couple Data Sets
Purpose of the Coupling Facility
Coupling Facility Configurations
Coupling Facility List, Lock, and Cache Structures