JCL Problem Resolution
Skills and knowledge in identifying and resolving JCL errors. The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JCL (z/OS) - Introduction to z/OS JCL
- JCL (z/OS) - Using Special Data Sets in Batch Jobs
- JCL (z/OS) - Coding Procedures and JES2 Control Statements
- JCL (z/OS) - Identifying and Resolving Batch Problems
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for resolving JCL syntax and runtime errors.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Interpreting JCL code and error messages
- Resolving JCL syntax and runtime errors
- Performing job restarts.
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.