JES2 - Concepts and Operation Assessment 2.3
A good general knowledge of JES2 functionality and skills associated with entering commands used to start and stop JES2.
The following Interskill courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- JES2 - System Initialization and Shutdown 2.3
- JES2 - Monitoring Batch Jobs with JES2 2.3
- JES2 - Using JES2 in Scheduling Batch Jobs 2.3
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for the operation and monitoring of JES2 controlled devices, or other IT specialists that are required to have a solid understanding of the JES2 product.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- General JES2 functionality
- Identifying and interpreting JES2 messages and displays
- Starting/stopping JES2
- General use of JES2 commands (for example, display, cancel, purge, halt, interrupt, hold, release, drain)
- Performing spool offloads
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.